From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Simple to upgrade Linux distro
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 00:33:04
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:48:58 +0100, Mick wrote:
3 >
4 >> Did you look at the logs? Assuming this is a systemd OS try:
5 >>
6 >> journalctl
7 >>
8 >> to view the log. Add -b to only see boot messages, -f to follow
9 >> current activity (just like 'tail -f' command), and -n 15 to see the
10 >> last 15 entries.
11 > A slight correction, -b shows messages since the last boot, not just boot
12 > messages.
16 I vaguely recalled reading about that on this list a good while back but
17 the command escaped me completely. I avoid systemd here. I have no
18 knowledge of how it does its thing or the commands to use to figure out
19 what was wrong. I hadn't even thought about it until I got there and
20 realized it was a systemd OS.
21
22 If only I knew then. ;-)
23