From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Linking break System
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 17:46:29
1 On Sun, Jun 09, 2013 at 04:57:55AM +0200, Silvio Siefke wrote
2
3 > I think i download a stage Archive and install it over? Goes that or
4 > is it a problem? What can do others or should make complete new install?
5
6 If your system is still functional enough, back up your /var/lib and
7 /etc directories to possibly save yourself a bunch of reconfiguration
8 and re-installing.
9
10 You'll probably have to...
11 * create the install ISO (CD or USB stick)
12 * boot from it
13 * swapon /dev/sdxn (where "sdxn" is your swap partition)
16 * if you're running 64-bit AMD/Intel, follow the instructions in sections 4.f and 5.b of http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-amd64.xml?full=1#book_part1_chap5
17 * if you're running 32-bit AMD/Intel, follow the instructions in sections 4.f and 5.b of http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/handbook/handbook-x86.xml?full=1#book_part1_chap5
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
21 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications