From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is this drive toast?
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 01:54:16
1 On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 21:45:40 +0100
2 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > Hello Marzan, Richard non Unisys,
5 >
6 > > > > MAxtor sucks in my opinion. Seagate will replace a warrantied
7 > > > > drive
8 > > >
9 > > > And who owns Maxtor?...
10 >
11 > > Microsoft Windows Sucks, but that doesn't mean Xbox sucks because
12 > > they're owned by MS. Maybe the Maxtor division uses a different
13 > > manufacturing process with lower quality materials/technology than
14 > > the Seagate factory.
15 >
16 > The comment was about customer service and attitude too. Even if they
17 > keep both manufacturing lines, you would expect them to now have
18 > similar levels of service.
21 Seagate's customer service I've never dealt with. I just send in the
22 drive, and a working one comes back in 60 days or so.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list