From: "Holger Hoffstätte" <holger@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Rebuilding all dependants of a package
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2018 23:22:26
1 On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 22:55:45 +0000, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2
3 > On Tue, 20 Feb 2018 21:29:42 +0000 (UTC), Holger Hoffstätte wrote:
4 >
5 >> > That was useful and saved me the time to sed & grep my way through the
6 >> > equery output. Turning this into a generic script is easy enough.
7 >>
8 >> For the peanut gallery..
9 >>
10 >> Turns out it's not so clear-cut since equery d finds *all possible*
11 >> dependants, including those for unset USE flags.
12 >>
13 >> Oh well..depclan & grep here we go..
14 >>
15 > What's wrong with qdepends, which has an option to query reverse
16 > dependencies and uses the installed package databas for its information
17 > so it correctly considers USE flags?
18 >
19 > qdepends is part f portage-utils, which you should have installed already.
20
21 Interesting! It seems there is nothing wrong with it other than the
22 fact that I didn't know about it, so thanks for the pointer!
23 qdepends -Q does indeed seem to do the same thing as my own script,
24 which of course I finished just 5 minutes ago. :)
25 It's also a lot faster than --depclean munging since it seems to
26 simply grep through the DEPEND/USE variables in one go. Nice!
27
28 Thanks!
29 Holger