From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: fbsplash won't!
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 11:35:57
1 On Monday 14 May 2007 18:15, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Just noticed that fbsplash is not shown on my VCs. dmesg shows that it
5 > starts:
6 > ================================================
7 > fbsplash: console 0 using theme 'emergence'
8 > fbsplash: switched splash state to 'on' on console 0
9 > fbsplash: console 1 using theme 'emergence'
10 > fbsplash: switched splash state to 'on' on console 1
11 > fbsplash: console 2 using theme 'emergence'
12 > [snip...]
13 > ================================================
14 > but it doesn't.
15 >
16 > Not sure if this started after I updated to media-gfx/splashutils-1.4.1.
17 >
18 > Anyone else noticed the same? How do I fix it?
19
20 I noticed that splash does not even start now, despite the fact that it is in
21 my startup runlevel:
22 ================================
23 # rc-update -s -v | grep splash
24 splash | boot
26
27 I can start it manually with no adverse effects but it won't start on its own
28 at boot. Still running 2.6.20-gentoo-r6. Any ideas how I could trouble
29 shoot this?
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick