From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nxserver-freenx - user nx not allowed because account is locked
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:38:09
1 On 03/19/09 11:29, Paul Hartman wrote:
2 >>>
3 >>> it accepted the password, now do I run the setup again:
4 >>> nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge
5 >>>
6 >>> If I try to login from another machine do I login as user "nx"?
7 >>> When I try to login from another machine on my network I get:
8 >>> Your guest account has expired...
9 >>
10 >> The way NX works is it uses the nx user as an intermediate. You need
11 >> to login as a normal user, and you need to explicitly give that user
12 >> permission to use NX by doing nxserver --useradd yourname (which will
13 >> generate NX ssh keys and put them in that user's directory).
14 >>
15 >> If you use interactive/PAM authentication on your system, NX can use
16 >> your user's normal system password; if you use key-based
17 >> authentication for SSH the only way to make NX work is to use its
18 >> internal password database and assing an NX-specific password to that
19 >> user. In nxclient, copy the normal SSH key, and then in the nxclient
20 >> login box put the NX username and password.
23 >I think the user DB setting is in /usr/NX/etc/server.cfg
24
25 No there is no such file or directory on the server; that is why I'm asking if after setting the password for user "nx" I should run this command again:
26 nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key --clean --purge
27
28 as it is my impression that the setup was not complete.
31 #Joseph
32 GPG KeyID: ED0E1FB7