From: Dave Nebinger <dnebinger@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] syslog-ng can't be removed by rc-update
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 16:57:43
1 On Wednesday 19 October 2005 12:26 pm, Rob wrote:
2 > I recently decided to use sysklogd instead of syslog-ng. But the
3 > command "rc-update del syslog-ng default" will not remove the file from
4 > /etc/init.d.
5
6 rc-update del syslog-ng default just removes the link
7 from /etc/runlevels/default; that's the directory that determines which
8 services to start at system boot time.
9
10 Is it safe to remove manually from /etc/init.d? Yeah, sure, I guess. But the
11 gentoo way would be to "emerge -C syslog-ng" and let emerge remove the files
12 as it will drop all of the component pieces and not try to keep emerging
13 updates when they come out.
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list