From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GCC 4.1.1 missing g++/c++
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 07:10:29
1 > Unless you are crazy enough to have USE=nocxx, you get a c++ compiler
2 > with gcc. Others are controlled by USE flags.
3
4 I don't believe that I included the USE=nocxx variable. I will give another try at re-building
5 GCC a little later just to see if I get the same effect. (Honestly, I did add a few additional Use
6 Flags before I emerge gcc. gdj and fortran were some of them. I went through and pruned a few of
7 them when I first started having problems with some of packages failing to emerge.)
10 > gcj - java compiler
11 > fortran - fortran compiler
12 > ...and so on.
13 >
14 > > ncurces, groff, sys-libs/db, python
15 > >
16 > > All fail with the same error
17 >
18 > What error?
19 These various errors sound very similar. Here is an error I've transposed from the last package
20 in the emerge --resume --skipfirst.
21
22 ../../build-aux/depcomp:line 512: execg++ not found
23 make[4]: *** [calc++-scanner.o] Error 127
24
25 Other packages will give up during the sanity check when they discovered there wasn't a g++
26 compiler for available.
27
28 Thanks for the reply.
29