From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix & Pine incompatability
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 20:50:19
1 The official pine distribution doesn't support maildir. Since I don't
2 run pine myself, I don't know if the maildir USE flag would provide
3 the maildir patch for pine.
4
5 If not: you can use another client (mutt comes to mind), or you can
6 modify the configuration in /etc/postfix/main.cf
7
8 You are looking for the variables
9
10 home_mailbox
11 and/or
12 mail_spool_directory
13
14 If you want the mails to be delivered to "one file" (a.k.a. mbox
15 format), you want those variables to NOT end in "/". If the variables
16 end in "/", the mail will be delivered to it as a qmail-style maildir.
17
18 home_mailbox overrules mail_spool_directory, just in case you are
19 wondering.
20
21 http://www.postfix.org/postconf.5.html
22