From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2018 08:44:16
1 I take it you have read
2 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-790015-highlight-grub2+iso.html.
3 This did not work for me either, and it would leave me in the same
4 place: the root filesystem would not be uncompressed and pivoted to.
5
6 I can't remember exactly what the change was, but I think I retrieved
7 the answer from that thread. Try the entry at
8 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6348023.html#6348023, which is:
9
10 menuentry "Gentoo Linux minimal install" {
11 loopback loop /boot/iso/install-amd64-minimal-20100408.iso
12 linux (loop)/isolinux/gentoo root=/dev/ram0 init=/linuxrc dokeymap
13 looptype=squashfs loop=/image.squashfs cdroot initrd=gentoo.igz
14 isoboot=/boot/iso/install-amd64-minimal-20100408.iso
15 initrd (loop)/isolinux/gentoo.igz
16 }
17
18 The difference being a change in parameter name. isoloop is now
19 isoboot. If that fails look at
20 https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7719674.html#7719674, but it
21 seems to contain the same changes.
22
23 Having read all of that again this does seem like the fix. If that
24 *still* doesn't work, recursively grep the unpacked ISO file for
25 either isoloop or isoboot to find the location in the script you
26 should be looking at.
27
28 Cheers,
29 R0b0t1