From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] I'm a genkernel user ... Is it OK to manually edit /usr/src/linux/.config with nano?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:15:57
1 On Sunday 13 August 2006 09:27, Richard Watson wrote:
2 > Hi - I'm a genkernel user ... Is it OK to manually edit
3 > /usr/src/linux/.config with nano? It's quicker than going through
4 > he  --menuconfig menu sets at times. Thanks, Richard
5
6 Yes.
7 Make sure next time you run genkernel on that kernel source you
8 specify --no-clean and --no-mrproper, or copy the .config
9 to /etc/kernels/kernel-config-version, otherwise it will wipe out your
10 changes.
11
12 p.s. Don't reply to an old mail just to keep the To:.
15 Mike Williams
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list