From: Dirk Heinrichs <dirk.heinrichs@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] filesystems
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 06:30:35
1 Am Sonntag, 23. November 2008 23:31:30 schrieb William Kenworthy:
2
3 > What I would really like is a file system that would unify these spaces
4 > and present them to the network as storage space - ideally with
5 > redundant data storage so one or more machines can dissappear and the
6 > data is still available.
7 >
8 > AFS is not quite what I want (or maybe it is, but it doesn't seem to
9 > handle transient storage duplication)
10
11 For a non-native speaker, could you explain "transient storage duplication" a
12 bit more? Because I think AFS may well be what you're looking for, or maybe
13 its cousin Coda.
14
15 Bye...
16