From: Bob Sanders <rmsand@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r7 and dhcpcd
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 02:30:05
1 On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 16:52:48 +0100
2 alain.didierjean@××××.fr wrote:
3
4 > Since I switched to kernel 2.6.15-gentoo-r7 (from r5), with an identical .config
5 > file, dhcpcd doesn't stay alive as a daemon:
6 > - it starts okay at boot time and eth1 gets its address from IAF, then it dies
7 > - when the lease time's over, I don't have internet access anymore until I
8 > rebbot.
9 > What gives ? Anyone got the same problem ?
10
11 I can't actually say. However, if it's the dhcpcd that comes with net-misc/dhcp
12 then that client has a persistence problem and the standalone client - net-misc/dhcpcd
13 is a better choice.
14
15 Or perhaps - net-misc/pump, might be a better choice?
16
17 Yes, I didn't answer your question as I don't have a working knowledge of the kernel
18 and the client other than the persistence issue seen on another Linux on an ia64 platform.
19
20 Bob
21 -
22 --