From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Wireless network card not loaded on first boot after shutdown
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 13:18:18
1 Am 02.11.2011 20:39, schrieb Canek Peláez Valdés:
2
3 > Does the wireless card needs a firmware? Do you use an initramfs? I
4 > ask since my iwlagn wireless car does, and if I boot using an
5 > initramfs, I need to include the firmware file on it for the card to
6 > work.
7
8 No the card need no firmware.
9
10 I start my PC in the morning after it was shutdown for a few hours and
11 the card will not work. I then reboot without changing or doing anything
12 else and the card works just fine.
13
14 I get no error modprobing the driver in both cases, but only after a
15 reboot wlan0 gets created.
16
17 Greetings
18