From: Daniel da Veiga <danieldaveiga@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kinda Two-step-installation ?
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 15:28:45
1 On 4/5/06, Meino Christian Cramer <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > suppose I want to install a *BIG* (tm) package, which takes a *long*
6 > time to compile. The default USE sets (beside other things) "-doc".
7 >
8 > Ok, I emerge the stuff, take a coffee or two and after the CPU has
9 > cooled down again I realize, that I cannot use the installed program
10 > without the docs.
11 >
12 > Do I have a chance to install only the docs without recompiling the
13 > whole stuff via emerge, if the archive as such would support this ?
14 >
15 > Thank you very much in advance for any helpful reply ! :)
16 >
17 > keep hacking!
18 > mcc
19 > --
20 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
24 If you have the feature "keepwork" in your FEATURES variable at
25 make.conf, yes, but that broke some tries for me, so the best way is
26 ccache, it really improve recompilations of the same package (up to
27 ten times faster at my machine). There are some tips about it at the
28 foruns, I learned the hard way (had to recompile whole openoffice
29 twice before using ccache).
32 Daniel da Veiga
33 Computer Operator - RS - Brazil
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list