From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo box w/ 2 pci slots?
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:28:55
1 On 14 November 2005 15:56, James wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I need a x86 'thin client' or small form factor computer:
5 >
6 > (1) hard drive. (front-removable would be a bonus).
7 > (2) empty pci slots.
8 > (1 or more) RS232 9pin serial port.
9 > (1) ethernet 10 or 100 mbps.
10 > (1-2) ntsc inputs would eliminate the need for one of the
11 > pci slots.
12 >
13 > OK. Hopefully a box that is not too difficult to get Gentoo
14 > installed and maintain.
15
16 That isn't really a thin client but a small computer. TCs usually are
17 diskless.
18
19 I gather you want to use it for streaming video?
20
21 Uwe
24 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
25 developers. - Linus Torvalds
26
27 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
28 --