From: daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up a network
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:20:36
1 On September 29, 2005 03:32 pm, Michael Kjorling wrote:
2 > On 2005-09-29 15:19 -0400, danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca wrote:
3 > > I thought I could just allow Linux to forward the packets, but I couldn't
4 > > figure out the routing since I'm not dealing with a whole subnet, only a
5 > > few allocated IPs.
6 >
7 > If a network delegation does not lend itself to being expressed in
8 > CIDR (network/masklen) notation easily, and especially if it is just a
9 > few addresses, your best bet may be to simply treat it as several host
10 > routes. Then set up routing as usual.
11
12 I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain with a little more detail? In my
13 case, the IPs I'm working with are:
14
15 x.y.z.186
16 x.y.z.187
17 x.y.z.188
18 x.y.z.189
19 x.y.z.190
23 what the scientists have in their briefcases is terrifying.
24 - nikita khrushchev
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list