From: "S. Schwartz" <sigi.schwartz@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nvidia-kernel vs. gentoo-sources
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 15:13:07
1 Alexander Kirillov wrote:
2 > I ran into the same problem after upgrading the kernel to
3 > gentoo-sources-2.6.16-r3.
4 > And don't have any problems with most recent nvidia drivers:
5 > media-video/nvidia-glx-1.0.8756
6 > media-video/nvidia-kernel-1.0.8756
7 > media-video/nvidia-settings-1.0.20051122-r3
8 > Did you rebuild nvidia-glx and all the dependencies?
9 The only dependency with nvidia-kernel seems to be virtual/modutils,
10 which kind of pointed to sys-apps/module-init-tools. I reemerged that
11 and tried the newest nvidia-kernel version. It builds, but the module
12 fails to load. dmesg sais (and this is, where it get really great):
13
14 NVRM: The NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro GPU installed in this system is
15 NVRM: supported through the NVIDIA Legacy drivers. Please
16 NVRM: visit http://www.nvidia.com/object/unix.html for more
17 NVRM: information. The 1.0-8756 NVIDIA driver will ignore
18 NVRM: this GPU. Continuing probe...
19 NVRM: No NVIDIA graphics adapter found!
20
21 To me this means that I need the old module with the correct patches.
22
23 Sigi
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list