From: Kai Krakow <hurikhan77@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Kernel 4.14.7 no longer switches to VT7
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2017 23:48:31
1 Am Thu, 21 Dec 2017 15:41:26 +0000 schrieb Jörg Schaible:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > after the update and installation of gentoo-sources-4.14.7 my two
6 > machines no longer switch to SDDM on VT7, it stays on VT1. However, I
7 > can switch manually using CTRL-ALT-7 to SDDM and login as usual. If I
8 > boot with the last stable kernel 4.12.12 anything is back to normal and
9 > the login screen of SDDM appears directly while the rest of the modules
10 > is loaded in background.
11 >
12 > Both machines have older Radeon chips (REDWOOD and CEDAR) and I managed
13 > to load also their firmware with the new kernel 4.14.7, but there's
14 > still no automatic switch to VT7 anymore.
15 >
16 > I found nothing obvious in /var/log/messages, dmesg or Xorg.0.log. What
17 > may cause this weird behavior?
18
19 If I remember right (many months ago), I fixed it by changing one line
20 in /etc/sddm.conf:
21
22 [X11]
23 ServerArguments=-nolisten tcp -keeptty
25 This is where the magic happens
26
27 You may want to add or remove that parameter...
31 Regards,
32 Kai
33
34 Replies to list-only preferred.