From: Justin Patrin <papercrane@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Creating installation for "slow" system on a "big" host
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 22:37:27
1 On 7/27/05, Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name> wrote:
2 > Hello.
3 >
4 > I finally bought myself a somewhat low end notebook on which I want
5 > to install Gentoo as well. Since this is a "low end" box and since
6 > my main system is not "low end" :), I'd like to compile as much as
7 > possible on the "big" server and then later copy (or whatever) the
8 > compiled packages over to the slower system.
9 >
10 > Those two systems will be in a LAN. Always.
11 >
12 > What's the best method to accomplish that? I guess, that there's
13 > already documentation about such a setup out there. Thus, I would
14 > of course very much appreciate, if you could point me to good
15 > documentation.
18 Remember that you can always set up distcc. This way your laptop does
19 its normal compiles and you can distribute lots of the compiling load
20 to the big server.
23 Justin Patrin
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list