From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cnn.com flash videos crash firefox
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:05:16
1 Grant wrote:
2 >>>>>>> Oh I get it, the computer doesn't want me to see the Obama video. Yes
3 >>>>>>> that's funny.
4 >>>>>>>
5 >>>>>>>
6 >>>>>> Oh, what an intelligent machine you've got ;-p
7 >>>>>> Did it already point you to Tarpley's biography about Hussein Obama ?
8 >>>>>> Or to Obma's connections to Brezinski (the one who wants to get
9 >>>>>> China into war against Russia) ?
10 >>>>>>
11 >>>>>>
12 >>>>> What could there be that wasn't already exposed during a very long
13 >>>>> election campaign?
14 >>>>>
15 >>>>>
16 >>>> IT WAS HUSHED UP BY TEH LIBERAL MEDIA!!!
17 >>>>
18 >>>> WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!
19 >>>>
20 >>>>
21 >>>>
22 >>>>
23 >>> Just a honest question from Germany:
24 >>>
25 >>> Which ones are the liberal medias overseas?
26 >>>
27 >>> Since from here I wouldn't call anything I know liberal, let alone
28 >>> anything progressive...
29 >>>
30 >>> Sebastian
31 >>>
32 >>>
33 >>>
34 >> If you mean liberal in the USA, NBC being the most, then CNN, CBS and
35 >> ABC. CNN and CBS are about the same and ABC is somewhat better.
36 >> According to some media research folks, BBC is left leaning as well. I
37 >> have watched it a few times and saw no reason to disagree.
38 >>
39 >> The hard part is finding a source for the facts so a person can make
40 >> their own decisions. For years, CNN, CBS and friends was all we had
41 >> then along came Fox. The old media seemed to think the people are all
42 >> stupid and needed someone to make decisions for them instead of
43 >> realizing that most Americans are smart enough to do their own
44 >> thinking. Of course, that is also why Fox has more viewers than CNN,
45 >> MSNBC and the rest combined.
46 >>
47 >> Hope that answered your question.
50 > I don't think we should pretend that our own views don't scew our
51 > perception of not only what is true, but also what is fair and
52 > balanced. I'm a liberal fellow and although NBC and CNN do seem
53 > liberal to me, I still perceive them to be a good source of news
54 > facts. ABC seems only very slightly to the left, and Fox seems so far
55 > to the right it's ridiculous. These aren't evaluations of truthiness,
56 > but of fairness. Dale obviously disagrees. The point is that no one
57 > is actually a good judge of truth *or* fairness.
58 >
59 > As for why Fox has "more" (let's say the same number of) viewers as
60 > the rest of the networks, I think you stated the reason exactly:
61 >
62 > "For years, CNN, CBS and friends was all we had then along came Fox."
63 >
64 > Conservative folks don't have any other choice, and the US seems to be
65 > pretty split in half as far as Democrats/Republicans if elections
66 > results are any indication.
67 >
68 > - Grant
73 A lot of what you said is dead on. I do have to add that there are
74 independent organizations that analyze the broadcasts of CNN, Fox and
75 others and then report who is leaning where. [1] That is where I got
76 my information. I didn't just make it up. Repeatedly over the years
77 Fox told both sides of the story and not just one side. They also look
78 at WHAT is being reported. Let's say Obama makes a screw up, Fox will
79 talk about it but most likely NBC won't even mention it since they were
80 in the tank for him and supported him during the election.
81
82 Also, Fox is not conservative. It's just that CNN and others are so far
83 to the left that Fox looks like it is right. I see both Dems and Reps
84 on Fox but whenever I see CNN, they mostly tell one side, the side they
85 support. I want both sides so I can make up my own mind. I'm doing
86 that with the bail out plan they are talking about now. Yes, I still
87 call it a bail out but it looks more like social engineering to me.
88
89 My point is this, I watched CNN for years with really no other source
90 for news. Then comes the internet and Fox news. Now I see that my "gut
91 feeling" was right. They were not reporting the news but trying to tell
92 me what to think. That is a serious turn off. I'm divorced because I
93 got lied to. That was the root cause of that. CNN and friends is about
94 like my ex. They both lied and I don't deal with either of them.
95 Honest mistakes are one thing but trying to tell people something that
96 is not accurate is not. I'm one of those you screw up once and I'm done.
97
98 Dale
99
101