From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seamonkey and random crashes.
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 22:44:30
1 Nick Cunningham wrote:
2 > How much RAM do you have? With all those windows and tabs open im
3 > guessing your running out of RAM which may be causing the crashes, do
4 > you have a swap file? If so, how big is it and have you tried
5 > increasing its size?
6 >
7 > A big swap file may help, although dont expect your system to be
8 > responsive :)
9 >
10 > Alternatively, do you get the crashes with fewer windows and tabs open?
11 >
12 > - Nick
15 Inside that HUGE post was that info. I have 2GBs of ram and 1GB of
16 swap. It is not even using half that when it crashes. No swap is used.
17
18 I don't get the crashes with just a few tabs/windows open. I may try
19 running memtest next and see what that does. Maybe it's a bad stick of
20 ram. I didn't think about that. Of course, I recently compiled OOo and
21 it did fine and so did gcc. They use more ram than Seamonkey does but
22 will test anyway.
23
24 Still open to ideas tho.
25