From: Warp_7@×××.de
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot speedup
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 23:03:28
1 Am Montag, 12. April 2010 schrieb Hinko Kocevar:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've started to look around on how to speed up the Gentoo boot sequence.
5 > Looking at the bootchart output I discovered that if using parallel boot
6 > feature from the /etc/conf.d/rc (RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP="yes"), things get
7 > done about 9 seconds faster that with RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP="no".
8 >
9 > Boot time is still at 45 seconds.
12 > Can boot be sped up even more?
13
14 Perhaps by thinning out your bootup batch, removing stuff from boot you don’t
15 really need. Example: I print ralely, so only start cups when needed. Same
16 with timidity, apache and other stuff.
17
18 Switching from serial to parallel boot got me - according to bootchart - from
19 41 to 37 seconds on my 3 years old laptop.
20 --
21 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
22 Why’d the orange go blind? Because it was low on Vitamin C.