From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mythtv backend problem...
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 00:53:19
1 I'm having a real odd problem running the backend server for MYTHTV...
2
3 The short story is, I can't startup the backend server via the startup script
4 at /etc/init.d/mythbackend... start does not work. It claims it starts but it
5 doesn't, no errors, nothing at all in dmesg or messages and worse than that,
6 the backend server doesn't run long enough to log anything
7 to /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log!
8
9 Now the kicker... if I execute /usr/bin/mythbackend directly from a console,
10 it runs perfectly... and for the time being that's how I'm running it... I've
11 a fully functional mythtv setup, I just can't start the backend server from
12 the init script.
13
14 I've tried loading all kinds of einfo's to the startup script to help trace
15 actions in the script... it all looks like the server should be loading. I
16 even added strace to the script and the output looks just peachy... but it
17 won't start from the script.
18
19 Anyone have any ideas?
20