From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why bash script, that works in "Debian", does not work on "Gentoo" install CD?
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 20:30:23
1 On 2017-07-28 22:31, Ста Деюс wrote:
2
3 > Why bash script (the install script), that works in "Debian", does not
4 > work on "Gentoo" install CD, giving me syntax errors (basically related
5 > to '(', ')' and ''')?
6
7 There was a bug in historic versions of bash, where it got confused if the
8 POSIX syntax for command expansion, that is $( ) , occurred within a
9 case statement. I don't know which version it was where it got fixed,
10 but I think it wasn't before 4.*. So what versions of bash do you have
11 on either system? If they aren't the same, something like this is
12 probably the answer.
15 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
16 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
17 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.