From: Sascha Hlusiak <saschahlusiak@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: pawlaczus@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] get rid of xf86-video-* drivers
Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2008 14:02:06
8 Pawel K schrieb:
13 Hello
14
15 I would  like to get rid of all unnecessary x11-drivers/xf86-video-*
16 packages.
17 I do NOT want to migrate to "Modular X".
18
19 I set my video card in /etc/make.conf as follows:
20 VIDEO_CARDS="i810"
21
22 What should I do now. Just "emerge --unmerge" on each unnecessary
23 package ?
24 Is it sufficient for emerge to NOT to install drivers on an upgrade
25 xorg in the future.
26
27 Thanks for answer.
35 You alreads USE "modular X", if you have separate xf86-video-* packages
36 installed.
37 If you set VIDEO_CARDS to what you want and emerge -auDN world, so
38 xorg-server pulls in the dependencies, you should be able to remove all
39 unneeded packages with "emerge -a --depclean". Be careful though,
40 that's not a toy. You might as well just "emerge --unmerge" the
41 packages you don't want anymore.
42
43 - Sascha