From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] KDE Plasma 5 moved to stable
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 20:03:26
1 On Sat, 09 Apr 2016 11:12:51 +0100, Mick wrote:
2
3 > I noticed to day that Plasma 5 is now stable, which means I will soon
4 > have to deal with it. I run a number of boxen with Gentoo on them.
5 > Some of them do not run a full KDE desktop, only selected KDE apps,
6 > some KDE meta packages including kdepim-meta.
7 >
8 > For these boxen I have set:
9 >
10 > [3] default/linux/amd64/13.0/desktop *
11 >
12 > and USE=kde, -gnome in make.conf. What would you recommend I do if I
13 > still do not wish to install or run the full KDE desktop environment?
14 > Are there any gotchas?
15
16 I'd use the KDE profile. The packages you install are still the ones you
17 want but the profile means the USE flags are already as you need, and you
18 can always tweak any you want different anyway.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 WinErr 00D: Window closed - Do not look outside