From: "Jörg Schaible" <joerg.schaible@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: KDE 5: Broken file protocol for KDE 4 apps
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 21:55:21
1 Anyone? After upgrading a second machine to KDE/Plasma 5, I have the same
2 behavior there. All KDE-4-based apps fail to interact with the file system.
3 Using KMail I can no longer add any attachment to an email nor save an
4 existing attachment to disk.
5
6 Jörg Schaible wrote:
7
8 > Hi,
9 >
10 > after the update to Plasma 5/KF5, I can no longer open (HTML) files from
11 > my local disk with Konqueror. It claims it does no longer know the file
12 > protocol. I get a similar error in Amarok when I try to apply a cover to
13 > an album from the local disk. It seems all KDE4-based application are
14 > affected.
15 >
16 > Does anybody what's causing this behavior and know how to solve it?
17 >
18 > Cheers,
19 > Jörg