From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] tuxonice and suspend-to-ram
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 09:06:35
1 Greets,
2
3 I use suspend-to-ram all the time on my desktop-machine as well.
4 Energy-saving and quicker for me ... it works fine.
5
6 I use the tuxonice-sources for this, back then it was more reliable with
7 my hardware. Usually the ebuild for tuxonice-sources is some weeks later
8 than gentoo-sources. As I am always curious for the latest stable kernel
9 I often run gentoo-sources inbetween (and think to myself "I can get by
10 without S2R for a while").
11
12 Now I have noticed that "hibernate-ram" works with plain gentoo-sources
13 as well. And it does so without a problem. Fine!
14
15 Is there any real advantage in using tuxonice here? Pls note that I only
16 use S2R, and never suspend to disk .... all the disk-related features of
17 tuxonice aren't important to me.
18
19 Thanks for your opinions, Stefan