From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Plasma teething problems - Part II
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019 08:39:33
1 On Monday, 24 June 2019 18:35:21 BST Mick wrote:
2 > On Monday, 24 June 2019 18:04:06 BST Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > On Monday, 24 June 2019 16:32:19 BST Mick wrote:
4 > > > I also found this beauty in /etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf, which I
5 > > > uncommented:
6 > > >
7 > > > # The DisableAutoSpawn option will disable the autospawn mechanism.
8 > >
9 > > That's the sort of stupid explanation that gives technical authors and
10 > > other program documenters a bad name. Gentoo seems to be particularly
11 > > heavily afflicted with it.
12 >
13 > Clearly you have suffered in the hands of USE flag descriptors, which would
14 > make even the priestesses of the Oracle of Delphi sound coherent and
15 > unambiguous. LOL!
16
17 I even raised a bug about it a few years ago. There was quite a flurry of
18 activity in rewriting USE flag descriptions, but it soon died away.
21 Regards,
22 Peter.