From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Revdep-rebuild reports kde breakage and then says its all okay; what's up with that
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 17:48:11
1 On Sunday 29 October 2006 15:45, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
2 > When I run revdep-rebuild, it reports a bunch (around 100) breakages
3 > involving early kde *.la files, but then it reports that
4 > Dynamic linking on your system is consistent... All done.
5 >
6 > These "broken" files are text, and say they're not to be deleted, but
7 > equery can't find out for me what package, let alone version, they belong
8 > to. Could it be that they are abandoned relic artifacts?
9 > Should I just delete them anyway?
10
11 Run emerge --deep -v -p to see if there's a couple of updated/removed apps
12 that have left libs cruft behind and need to be removed. I can vaguely
13 remember going through something like this a few months ago (about
14 ImageMagick?), so if you do a gmane search you may find it - otherwise post
15 back and I'll see if I can find it.
16
17 HTH
18 --