From: thelma@×××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sendmail configuration
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2020 02:41:41
1 On 11/25/2020 07:03 PM, Ralph Seichter wrote:
2 > * thelma@×××××××××××.com:
3 >
4 >> I've always used postifx but I want to try sendmail this time.
5 >> And I have a hard time finding gentoo howto.
6 >
7 > Well, configuration-wise, you are saying "I've always enjoyed a soothing
8 > massage, but I want to try being dragged over cobblestone pavement while
9 > simultaneously being caned this time". Some people might choose this
10 > option, but it is not exactly mainstream. ;-)
11 >
12 > Based on my personal experience of having used Sendmail for many years
13 > before Postfix became available, I recommend avoiding Sendmail whenever
14 > humanly possible.
15 >
16 > -Ralph
17
18 Thank you for input. Maybe that is why it is so hard to find good
19 explanation/howto how to configure it. The config file looks very
20 simple, that is I decided to try it.
21 But if I can not make it to work, will go back to postfix.