From: Stroller <stroller@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Cloning movie DVDs with dd - only works after accessing disk with another command?
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 04:47:44
1 On 11 Aug 2009, at 05:43, Stroller wrote:
2 > ...
3 > So I tried with a different disk - take a look at the attached
4 > cloning.txt - and dd fails repeatedly at 770kB. Then I run scandvd
5 > on the disk and after that dd works perfectly, "8027521024 bytes
6 > (8.0 GB) copied". scandvd is a tool which is packaged with undvd and
7 > it runs mplayer (I'm sure) on the disk, then shows the number of
8 > tracks on the disk in a pretty format.
11 Sorry, here's the promised attachment.

cloning.txt text/plain