From: "Randolph Maaßen" <r.maassen60@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Recover on SSD
Date: Sun, 05 May 2013 14:44:20
1 Hi,
2
3 I have a SSD in my laptop and I am running Win7 and Gentoo in Parralel. for
4 some purpose I needed several Partitions so my base system was lying on
5 sda10, on an LVM-PV. Today my Windows refused to start and during recovery
6 its diskpart must have deleted the information about the 10th partition on
7 the disk, containing my main Gentoo system. Recovery failed, but
8 sysrescuecd still works :)
9
10 Now I'm concerned about the rescueing of the partition on the SSD, is it
11 the same way as on HDDs and are the same memory-parts of the SSD used? Or
12 is the partiton gone forever? And when I recreate a partition, will the PV
13 with the data still be there and readable?
16 Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards
17
18 Randolph Maaßen