From: mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with FONTS under X
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 19:43:48
1 Well now...
2
3 I've install Gentoo Linux couple times with O3 optimize flag and there is nothing with it. I can try but I don't think that makes this error. GLX is needed by me because OpenGL programming and UT2004 playing :);). Compose is available by KDE3 and 4.0 build inside by desktop effects. I install KDE4 because it compiles faster than KDE4 on my laptop and shows (because of cmake) progress of compilation ;)... like when you must shutdown laptop when work time is up and You need to go home ;)... Compiz-fussion I already use under old PC with NV FX5500 on board, but on Laptop I don't touch that - intel cards don't have much power as NV - even 965GM chip on board.
4
5 Maybee I should remove all fonts and reinstall it?!
6
7 Mateusz M.
11 > mateuszmierzwinski@××.pl wrote:
12 > > CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=nocona
13 > > -mtune=nocona"
14 > > CXXFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -march=nocona
15 > > -mtune=nocona"
16 >
17 > Recompile your entire system with -O2, and see if the problem
18 > persists. If it persists, show the full output of emerge --info.
19 > By the way, -march implies -mtune, so you can drop the latter.
20 >
21 > > Here is GLXINFO:
22 >
23 > Why is glxinfo relevant? Are you trying to use this new-fangled
24 > compiz stuff? How about switching that off and see how it goes?
25 > And show us your xorg.conf.
26 >
27 > Why are you already using KDE-4 when it is still hard masked? You
28 > seem to be asking for trouble.
29 >
30 > Benno
31 > --