From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using www-apps/jekyll?
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 14:22:16
1 On Thursday, 28 October 2021 21:54:50 BST Jack wrote:
2
3 > I just noticed something which may or may not help. The jekyllrb.com
4 > docs page, under Prerequisites, says Ruby version 2.5.0 or higher. Why
5 > does the ebuild insist on 2.5 (no longer even in the tree) or 2.6. If
6 > I were going to install it, the first thing I'd probably do is make a
7 > copy in my local overlay, and allow a newer version of ruby. I don't
8 > think that is likely to help with your problem of not finding one thing
9 > or another, but who knows? (A note lower down on that page says that
10 > using ruby 3.0.0 or higher add a requirement for webrick, but that is
11 > available in portage, and could be handled in the ebuild.
12
13 It's worth a try. I'll wait until after my weekly full backup at the weekend,
14 though, then I'll give it a go. I have webrick installed already, using a Ruby
15 Gem to do that (I think).
16
17 Thanks for the idea.
20 Regards,