From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] local mirrors (summary, leading to more questions)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2019 14:20:21
1 On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 10:18:05 +0100, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2
3 > > > > https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PORTDIR
4 > > >
5 > > > That muddies the water somewhat. Now we have PORTDIR defined in one
6 > > > place, and PKGDIR and DISTDIR in another.
7 > >
8 > > Yes, but it makes sense as PORTDIR is specific to a repository while
9 > > the others are global settings.
10 >
11 > So, next time I move my portage tree (which will also be the first
12 > time :) ) I have to remember to change two files, not just one.
13
14 Only if you have PORTDIR and DISTDIR inside the portage tree, which is
15 illogical IMO :)
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 My friends went to alt.california, and all they brought
22 me was this lousy sig.