From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo handbook
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 23:49:50
1 On 2020-11-14, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Sat, 14 Nov 2020, Grant Edwards wrote:
3 >
4 >> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2020 17:30:51
5 >> From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
6 >> Reply-To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 >> To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
8 >> Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: gentoo handbook
9 >>
10 >> On 2020-11-14, Jude DaShiell <jdashiel@×××××.com> wrote:
11 >> > # eselect profile show
12 >>
13 >>> during a new install is what you run to find what distribution
14 >>> your distribution iso uses.
15 >>>
16 >>> Also you will do best to select a matching profile for first time
17 >>> installation.
18 >>
19 >> I don't understand what you mean above. What is a "distribution
20 >> ISO"?
21
22 > In your case it probably starts with install-minimal and you got it
23 > off the gentoo downloads page.
24
25 I've installed Gentoo using variety of distros: systemrescuecd,
26 Ubuntu, install-minimal, etc. I never noticed that it mattered what
27 init system was in use during the install.
30 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! I think I am an
31 at overnight sensation right
32 gmail.com now!!