From: James Ausmus <james.ausmus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mozilla-firefox - I'm lost
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:14:25
1 On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 1:51 AM, Helmut Jarausch <
2 jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > I've tried (for the first time) to install the
7 > source version of firefox
8 > www-client/mozilla-firefox-3.5.7
9 > with useflags
10 > alsa bindist dbus gnome java linguas_de linguas_en sqlite
11 > startup-notification
12 >
13 > It builds just fine,
14 > BUT
15 > when I start firefox I get only a tiny (real tiny!)
16 > window. When I enlarge it (dragging a vertex of the window)
17 > it's just empty.
20 This means you still have a running "old" firefox process somewhere on the
21 box - it's a fun little Firefox'ism: If you upgrade firefox and have the old
22 version still running, any new firefox window that you open will be exactly
23 as you describe.
24
25 Do a "ps -elf | grep firefox", kill all the firefox processes that you find,
26 then try again - I think you'll find your problem resolved.
27
28 HTH-
29
30 -James
39 > I have no idea what went wrong.
40 > (I have renamed ~/.firefox and ~/.mozilla
41 > but this doesn't help either)
44 > Many thanks for a hint,
45 > Helmut.
46 >
47 > --
48 > Helmut Jarausch
49 >
50 > Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
51 > RWTH - Aachen University
52 > D 52056 Aachen, Germany