From: Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge going weird
Date: Mon, 02 Jan 2006 01:53:34
1 On 12/31/05, Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Sunday 01 January 2006 02:57, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
4 > > Oh, and yes, java is ~x86 both in unmask and in keywords.
5 >
6 > Can you list exactly what sun-jdk lines you have in
7 > /etc/portage/package.{unmask,keywords} please?
10 Of course.
11
12 Oops!!! I thought I checked this yesterday -- maybe I screwed it up,
13 but there's nothing in .unmask, although keywords is fine.
14 Anyway, after a quick edit, they are:
15
16 treat ~ # cat /etc/portage/package.unmask
17 dev-java/sun-jdk
18 dev-java/sun-jre-bin
19 dev-java/java-sdk-docs
20 treat ~ # cat /etc/portage/package.keywords
21 dev-java/sun-jdk ~x86
22 dev-java/sun-jre-bin ~x86
23 dev-java/java-sdk-docs ~x86
24 treat ~ #
25
26 I'm not sure how to tell which virtuals of the great many in the
27 /etc/portage
28 tree I'm using, but I know I have never edited any of that stuff.
29
30 Make.conf does not even mention virtual (according to grep -i virtual
31 /etc/make.conf)
32
33 Anyway, I re-emerged the 1.4 Java, and at least my emerges are going
34 through now. That was my one bit worry, now resolved.
35
36 ++ kevin
42 Kevin O'Gorman, PhD