From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT: i7-6700, anyone already?
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2015 06:47:26
1 Am 10.12.2015 um 05:50 schrieb waltdnes@××××××××.org:
2
3 > CFLAGS="-O2 -march=native -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -fno-unwind-tables -fno-asynchronous-unwind-tables"
4 >
5 > That's what I use, except for cross-compiling. For an explanation of
6 > the "unwind" flags, see thread...
7 > http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.busybox/36695 from the busybox
8 > mailing list. And don't forget CPU_FLAGS_X86. Emerge and run
9 > app-portage/cpuinfo2cpuflags as soon as you can during the install
10 > process. I believe that's right after running "eselect profile". And
11 > then run "emerge system && emerge world". It's a lot quicker when you
12 > don't have very much installed on the machine.
13
14 did not know that tool, thanks.
15 Will try on my existing box already.
16
17 Do I have to set that variable then (in make.conf?) ?