From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: GSettings-to-GConf problem
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 04:03:36
1 On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:01:14PM -0700, Grant wrote
2 >
3 > That's exactly the problem. Gentoo seems to be using a
4 > GSettings-to-GConf mapper when they should be using GSettings
5 > directly. Does anyone know what is happening in this area of Gentoo?
6
7 Apparently the migration happened a long time ago with GNOME 3.x,
8 but those of us using stable Gentoo are still in the dark ages. From
9 the dev list...
10
11 On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:17:35PM -0400, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote
12 >
13 > GNOME *long ago migrated* from GConf to GSettings. The migration
14 > started years ago and was completed with GNOME-3.4, released in
15 > spring 2012.
16 >
17 > It impacts users who use stable keywords and are therefore stuck
18 > with GNOME-2.32. The workaround is for affected users to switch to
19 > ~arch keywords (note that GNOME-3.x ebuilds in ~arch get vastly more
20 > care and attention from us than the theoretically stable GNOME-2.32).
21 >
22 > And the real solution is to finally stabilize some release of
23 > GNOME-3.x
24
25 He's right. "emerge -pv gnome" tries to build version 2.32.
28 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
29 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications