From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] nntp siphon
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 17:46:32
1 Hello,
4 So, I use to get free read only access to nntp, I'm not sure the site
5 cared, but when they do, it's easy to just find another nntp site to read
6 gentoo-user and gentoo-dev via nntp. I like the fact that that way, when
7 something new is posted, that thread, no matter the original start date,
8 pops back up to the top of the stack (most recent). Gmane is also used for
9 posting, but it defaults to the original thread posting date for anchoring
10 the thread, chronologically.
13 But now, with the recent update of thunderbird, the nntp sites no longer
14 update postings and I'm too old, stupid and lazy to guess why. Any guidance
15 would be appreciated on what changed within thunderbird to now block
16 this nntp-siphon. Maybe certificates/authorizations are being forced by
17 default with thunderbird now? The offending version of thunderbird is ::
18
19 mail-client/thunderbird-38.8.0 - 05/12/2016 (per elogv)
22 I guess I could look myself into thunderbird on our github, if I were
23 more adept at git.....
24
25 I run the local network so nothing changed with the bridges, filters
26 and routing.
29 (yea, yea, yea, I know the gentoo archives should be tapped, but that's tool
30 easy?)
31
32 curiously,
33 James