From: Christopher Cowart <ccowart@××××××××××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] odd /dev/null beharvior
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 21:41:50
1 I've experienced this problem before. The developers insist the ebuild
2 is absolutely correct, but it doesn't always attempt to migrate conf
3 changes to /etc/udev.
4
5 The easiest way to fix this problem permanently is to
6 $ sudo rm /etc/udev/{permissions,rules}.d/50-*
7 $ sudo emerge -av udev
8
9 This will blow away the default udev conf files that are causing you
10 problems, then re-emerge udev. The updated defaults will be installed in
11 the right place. This assumes you haven't touched the 50-* files (you
12 put all custom changes in 10-local, right).
13
14 -Chris