From: "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] The End Is Near ... or, get the vaseline, they're on the way!
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 04:55:17
1 On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
2 <daddy@×××××××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 >  --
7 > On March 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <caneko@×××××.com>
8 > wrote:
9 >
10 >> > http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken
11 >> >
12 >> >
13 >> >
14 >> > Happy Computer Users (for now), systemd is on your horizon.
15 >> >
16 >> > Houston, we have a problem!
17 >>
18 >> You can always try Walter's et. al. mdev replacement:
19 >>
20 >> http://www.waltdnes.org/mdev/
23 > Sad fact is systemd will soon be required in Gentoo.
24
25 I don't think so. Not in the near future at least. Of course, *I*
26 don't think that will be a sad fact, but that's another matter :D
27
28 > Forget the udev/mdev argument ...
29
30 Oh, I have never cared that much for it ;)
31
32 > systemd is poorly coded,
33
34 Many people think that it tries to solve a problem that "doesn't
35 exists", or that it has failures in its design. However, even the more
36 fervent critics agree that Lennart is a really good programmer. You
37 are the first person I read saying that systemd is "poorly coded".
38
39 In other words: [citation needed]
40
41 > and we're
42 > getting so much further from a good, reliable DE to compete with the likes
43 > of Windows 7. Just horse manure DEs in Gentoo now.
44
45 I would say that we are actually better than them in several ways.
46
47 Regards.
48 --
49 Canek Peláez Valdés