From: Michael Jones <gentoo@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo as NAS
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 2021 22:06:18
1 I do this with btrfs instead of zfs.
2
3 Its no more complicated than any other service configuration.
4
5 Gentoo doesn't make this harder or easier than any other distribution.
6
7 On Thu, Feb 4, 2021, 12:04 Raphael MD <raphaxx@×××××.com> wrote:
8
9 > Hello everyone,
10 >
11 > I'm thinking about using Gentoo as a NAS serve. I know there are some NAS
12 > distributions like FreeNAS that are claimed to be rock solid, but FreeNAS
13 > support for GPU and other things sounds poor to me.
14 >
15 > Said that, what could be the effort to turn my Gentoo in a NAS service,
16 > setting up SAMBA, Plex, quotas and ZFS?
17 >
18 > Anyone has already tried it?
19 >
20 > Thanks!