From: Jarry <jarry@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo LVM Newbie Question
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2006 07:59:11
1 Zac Slade wrote:
2
3 > reiser3, resizable online in two ways
4 > 1)resize_reiserfs /path/to/dev
5 > 2)mount -o remount,resize /path/to/dev
6 > XFS, MUST be mounted to resize use xfs_grow /mount/point
7 > JFS, resizable online with a mount -o remount,resize /path/to/dev
8 > ext2/3, resizable offline reliably. Online resize is a *very* experimental
9 > experiment. Have good backups.
10
11 If I understand correctly, it is not worth having lvm2 with ext3, right?
12 I could not resize /usr or /var off-line, and resizing while mounted
13 is not possible without kernel patch, and still only experimental.
14 Then maybe I should get rid of lvm2...
15
16 Jarry
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list