From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - Anyone recommend a good puzzle app?
Date: Sun, 07 May 2006 02:25:14
1 On Sat, May 06, 2006 at 07:38:26PM -0500, Penguin Lover Michael Sullivan squawked:
2 > I meant jigsaw puzzles. I didn't remember what they were called. I
3 > worked through about half the /usr/portage/games-puzzle directory with
4 > eix before I sent my original post and didn't see anything that sounded
5 > oven close to what I wanted except maybe kiki, and the description
6 > didn't say if it was jigsaw or not...
7
8 kiki is definitely NOT a jigsaw puzzle.
9
10 i vaguely remember seeing a jigsaw generator in portage some time ago,
11 but upon checking packages.gentoo.org, I can't seem to find it.
12
13 If you don't mind running a bit of KDE software, you can try kpuzzle
14 http://kpuzzle.sourceforge.net/
15 It is not in portage, but shouldn't be too hard to get running.
16
17 Checking Freshmeat, there's this thing called Alive Jigsaw, though I
18 am not sure if it allows you to use your own images.
19 http://freshmeat.net/projects/alivejigsaw/
20 There's also http://freshmeat.net/projects/jigsaw_php_js/ which builds
21 jigsaws from images in a folder, probably not the ideal thing based on
22 its design.
23
24 There's also xjig (google on that) which is available for Debian at
25 least; as well as OpenJigsaw http://marijn.haverbeke.nl/jigsaw/
26
27 W
28 --
29 I have a speech impediment... my foot.
30 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 175 days, 18:32
31 --
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list