From: Rostislav <rip@××××××××××××××××.ua>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Clock/Daylight Savings
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 07:41:30
1 On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Randy Barlow wrote:
2
3 > Ever since the new daylight savings change, my clock hasn't done the "Spring
4 > Forward". I use ntp and the like, and it seems happy being behind by an
5 > hour. I can use the date command to set it correctly, but after the next
6 > reboot it's back to its old games. Pointers?
7 >
8 > R
9
10 There are two different clocks: system clock controlled by kernel and hardware clock.
11 The latter is used to set up the system clock at the boot time.
12 Seems like it wasn't changed with daylight savings change.
13 Use "hwclock --systohc" to set hardware clock to the current system
14 time.
15
16 Regards,
17 Rostislav.