From: Gene Hannan <gjhannan@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Accesssing gentoo repostitories
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 20:46:20
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > In the course of a full reinstall I've run into several packages that
4 > appear not to be findable... watching emerge race all over the glob
5 > looking for certain packages...there seems to be some problem with
6 > what portage is looking for and pushing those packages out to repos.
7 >
8 > I've already forgotten the other 5 or so packages but the current one
9 > holding up emerge is eject-2.1.5.tar.gz.
10 >
11 > It appears to be standing in the way of installing a number of other X
12 > related packages.
13 >
14 > Is there a current problem with packages being available?
15 >
16 > If so then how can I remove it as a depandency? It seem unlikely that
17 > eject would really prevent X from running but there appears no easy
18 > way to avoid it.
19
20 A recent glibc update has apparently had an effect on wget and its use of
21 /etc/resolv.conf. See http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-810843.html. I
22 had a similar experience in which some applications had no issue with dns,
23 but emerge failed to find some distribution files until resolv.conf was
24 cleaned up.